Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 PM

Location: in the land of Trolls at least till the san andreas releases the big one
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
About this time I think I would get out my rosebud torch and a BFH and go to work on it..tighten the puller real tight heat the rotor and a good size wallop with the hammer.. Should the guy who did that come around there would be a bit of discussion over this one..

Sam

i am NOT going to wack it other than light taps with the hammer. i did have the hot air gun blasting it for 20 minutes until it started to smoke.. with the tension on it and light rapping with the 3 pound hammer..

i have had so many people tell me.. just beat the rotor off with a sledge hammer and pop a pair of new ones on.. that's only a $2,500+ option. if it does not come off with the OTC puller tomorrow.. i am going to search out a mobile brake guy with an on the car rotor lathe. i only need a light cut to restore parallel surfaces.. i called one guy referred to me today.. he does mobile brake rotor refinishing.. i ask him which machine he used.. will it go that close to the ground.. clearance issues with the garage door opener and the roof. he said he uses a hand held disc grinder to resurface them.. i wish i had an old style phone instead of cell phone as it might have hurt his ear more when i slammed the phone receiver down.