Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Wiki Edits: 3

I would do as you say. Keep the function and come up with something cool. Doing what you gotta do is part of what we do, no sense in being pissed about it as I have found. If I got pissed every time something was not quite to my liking I would be in the rubber room for life..

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
My brother is so pissed that the guy he sold his 39 to put these crap plastic AC vents in the dash. This dash was woodgrained by a world wide know replicator of the wood grain Craig Clemons who is long gone (rest in peace) and this guy cut holes on the dash to put these crappy vents in.

I told him I can't make this clear enough, he needs to change it to something he WANTS so he isn't pissed every time he looks at it. Just sit back and relax and make some cool vents out of piece of a heater or grill or park lamp bezels or something off some car from the 40's or 50's. Make it COOL, something he wants! Not just ripping them off and being pissed. Trying to make something look like it never happen is impossible, you can't match that wood grain, so being you can't do that like it's invisible, do just the opposite and make it a cool chrome piece. Maybe the park lamps off my truck? I am not going to run those and that would be cool, something off the truck in that Fremont Drag strip shot racing him in his 39.

Any ideas guys?