Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Magazines have “ISSUES”

Last journal entry: Looks good
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
slow day at the end of the month, pushing cars out. I just milked it and dirked around putting extra coats of filler on a 2 hour dent. Also the helper tore down a car and trammed it. When it got to me I knew something was off. Didn't have the upper tie bar or head lights but fender was pushed so far out and created a crease on the fender by the head light, a tail tell sign of upper rail shifted. I guess the factory thinks it's a good idea to give you specs off of the flimsy arse fender brackets on top of the rail. It was in spec at that lame point but not in the front. Had I not trammed it myself it's on me. No buckle or anything. No big deal, pogo stick will do. Also ordered some work gloves and welding gloves right off the matco truck with the company credit card. Man, that felt good.
Hey tech69,

Just got-a ask, when I read the word trammed. I think of a mill, and the alignment for the head and table .

Are you using it as the same, a reference for alignment of parts .....?...... pretty interesting if that is what it be.

Greg