Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 5,293 Times in 3,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I am confused Matt. I thought they got rid of the mandate. Are you saying the mandate is killing you or that getting rid of the mandate made insurance unaffordable.

I hope I am not out of line. Just trying to undersand.

John
You're fine sir. The first year it was law, I did not buy and the tax penalty was hundreds. Monthly payment $100. My tax lady warned me next year the punishment is thousands. I signed up. The next year it was 200/mo. I could not afford the first year so they doubled it, I guess. This year, again as far as I know I will pay whatever they charge or be slapped with a fine big enough for a good used car. Its over 300 a month now, and thats with them paying 400. A month. I don't use it, medical care has always been out of reach. Forcing it on me means curtains. I better start country shopping because this one just cowed me out. Retired people give me blank stares on this. People with normal income can't imagine why I struggle. But I assure you its a real problem and its just absolutely ridiculous from my point of view. I have learned compliance is the only answer, complaints only undermine my credibility further. All this is old news, Feb 2018 is just the end of the line. I have no idea how to solve. As I said, changing countries would be the only way I know to fix, and thats out of the question. I had to let myself speak it. If I can find a buyer for one of the cars real quick I could stay afloat a bit longer. All I can do is shake my head and go to work. Right now. If I can't be nice I'll be scarce. Deal? Hope I answered the question. If I'm missing something.... well that must be it.