Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 09:51 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 4,599 Times in 2,742 Posts
Believe it or not, theres been a great deal of water under my "no pic" bridge. My archives are immense and scattered, from the last decade of equipment failures and such. I'm sloppy and redundant about it but haven't lost many images.

Diddly squat is what I got done today. Lots of hammering noise across the fence. I may have to work on the yard car, to return fire next backyard gathering of theirs.

Last night on the third 455 plug, phone rang. But I do have a spark plug pic, lol. There was a steak and tater offer so I went in the GT. Found myself whizzing along at 75 and feeling posh in it. That thing hasn't been on an interstate since 2013 but it remembered how and no tires flew apart.

So since the doggone driver's side vents won't blow full cold, I hesitantly investigated and found nothing of course. Dug out spare actuators and checked the one in it, opened it up. Put it back and it may actually be a little better. Thats an inherent W body annoyance... as soon as any imperfection exists anywhere in the system, the 3 driver vents get lukewarm air while the passenger two are sub-arctic. Also annoying is the knot on my head from being under the dash.

So I reviewed wheels and tires on hand and dang if out of all of them theres crap that matches. So it needs four tires. I am tempted to swap wheels with the GTP and drive / fix this one awhile but one summer would destroy whats left of the GTP paint. So I'll swap it back to regular DD tomorrow. Would have been nice to work on it this weekend instead but the GT was becoming an eyesore at the folks'.

R&I of that GT A/C actuator is one of those put your feet on the headrest deals, an upside-downer. I really had to convince myself to get in there and do that because my wrist was throbbing but I know how useless a dirty imperfect car is to the folks.

To recuperate, I did chair for an hour or so and played with 69 GP pics trying to change colors. My color just doesn't work for that, its wierd. Would take too long to see a different color on it.

Finally buttoned up the 69 to go for a sunset cruise. Decided I had time to stick a vacuum gauge on it, keeping an eye on the valve job. Unhooked the modulator and whoa uh-oh! Asked too much of my alternator wire after that last battery drain, and I was close to having a meltdown. Slapped together another hokey wire and avoided fire. Took my ride, but after sundown. Of course, I had to pull over a block from the house to reconnect the modulator valve. Hoping the lucky streak holds for another day!

I believe I'll set my sights on quarter patches tomorrow, or trunk pans. On the '59 job. Man, nothing matches the accereration of time once you punch the clock for a weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
John long (04-30-2018)