Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What direction to go??
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Last journal entry: '27 roadster quarter panels from scratch
Wiki Edits: 0

Cool

There....I fixed your pic.

I saw your post on another forum and most recommended to complete all the bodywork first. That's one perspective. I, on the other hand like to complete the chassis/drivetrain first, then move on to the body. But that's just me.

Looks like you have a great starting platform, straight body and a well built frame! If it were me and since the body is currently mounted to the frame, I would set all the body gaps and adjustments first then make yourself a body cart, transfer the body to that and set it in a corner for the time being. As stated above, a solid plan is paramount before any construction takes place. Figure out and mount a front suspension. Figure out and mount a rear suspension. Mount the motor/trans/driveshaft. Cooling system/braking system/fuel system and all associated plumbing. Don't forget choice of wheel/tire combo. Now you can move on to bodywork and paint. Put it all together, toss in an interior and you're good to go!
Just my 2 cents.