what do i gota do - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 03:55 PM

Last journal entry: 74 Chevy Cheyenne Super Custom Deluxe
Wiki Edits: 0

hmmmm

I have a 74 chevy long bed that came stck with 454 took stock motor out when I was ready to go really fast in it. Its now a 454 bored .030 over and has a edelbrock aggresive cam that lopes with lifters,double springs and replaced everything on stock oval port heads and 750 carb to match the package. Always gets the looks when I blow off the line. Love my bbc and love big cubes.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Violating consensual reality

Last journal entry: It tows!

I used to think my '82 Mustang was the fastest thing on the planet. Then I got smoked by a guy in his '58 Ford pickup with a 390 in it.

A bigger engine is the way to go, especially with all of that steel working against you.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 PM

Find a Late model LS based Vortec truck engine, convert to carb + intake to make the swap easier, MSD ignition, cam and port the heads and leave his *** in the dust.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Mmmm small block chevy powered S10...now your talking!

However for the ultimate sleeper attack that you can do in an afternoon a 150 shot of nitrous has got to be the cheapest way to wipe the smile off his face.

Just make sure to let him take you off the line and then hit the juice, when he sees you walkin past him just smile and wave.

When he asks what the heck happened, just tell him you changed the air filter and added some air to the front tires.

After you had some fun with him forget about the nonsense and work on your ride and don't worry about who has the faster vehicle, ask him to go offroading in his Mustang and then see if he can beat your truck!

Ahhh to be young again hey guys!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Some states it is an impoundable offense just to have the NOS system installed on the vehicle.

Used to be here in our state, but now the bottle must not be connected, and must be electrically unplugged, OR your car gets impounded and you are in "hand cuff" trouble.
They did this so we could drive to the track.

They call it, premaface' evidence of intent to street race. It is a class A misdemeanor. 1 yr and mucho dollars.

If they actually catch you street racing, you better be really rich.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Wiki Edits: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoTFrenzel

They call it, premaface' evidence of intent to street race. It is a class A misdemeanor. 1 yr and mucho dollars.
I understand the reasoning behind that. People are stupid. But how would having a hooked up and ready to rock nitrous system be any different than driving around with a turbo or supercharger? You never see people driving around with the blower belt removed or the blow off valve on the turbo jammed open...
Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
3rdmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
I understand the reasoning behind that. People are stupid. But how would having a hooked up and ready to rock nitrous system be any different than driving around with a turbo or supercharger? You never see people driving around with the blower belt removed or the blow off valve on the turbo jammed open...

it's not, it's just a knee-jerk reaction to what the "lawmakers" see in movies....ricer w/a button and a death grip on the steering wheel....

but back to the question, how about an internally balanced 400+ sbc?
78'ish would be easier to pass off as a 350 with only 2 core hole plugs on each side plus you don't want the notched balancer to give you away either...

and if your manifolds ain't at least a performer rpm, you just as well run a oem manifold (imo)
headers are a must
might want to look at some of the top end packages from brodix(summit carries 'em)

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in