Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - What you gotta look for with a "Fresh motor wont turn over..."
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprecher48
Bogie; I couldn't have said it better my self,but then again,you obviously know more on this than i do(most of my experience is with imports) GOOD POST!!! Tom Do you by any chance teach?
No actually, I'm an airplane design engineer. Used to have a shop with a friend in San Diego a few decades back that specialized in American engine and driveline conversions for high end imports back when MB, Jag, etc didn't have the quality they do today. We did other more funner stuff but SBCs/BBCs in Jags and Benzes, SBFs into Volvos and Datsun Z cars paid the bills. A divorce ended that, so I got a regular job in Seattle, but keep a hand in with a few swaps, the occasional custom kit, and a couple chopper projects. When I retire, which is overdo, first thing I'm gonna do is 4 Corners on a chopper, finish the damn homebuilt airplane that never gets done, and I'm itching to drop an LS something or other 'Vette engine and driveline into a late 40s early 50s Chev/GMC or Ford pickup. My wife would be happier if I took up a rocking chair, so I was wondering if I could fit a 350 with a rocking crank under one.

My present wife had a few kids and we had a few more, plus she raised wolves. Between the kids and the wolves, I got used to stepping in to squabbles. The wolves are easier, when you bust mr. and mrs. alpha in the chops, they and everybody else realizes your in charge and treat you with do respect. The kids are slower learners.

Bogie