Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   Where to get patch panels? (

cowboy_dan 04-13-2018 01:53 PM

Where to get patch panels?
Howdy all,
I have a '96 F250 ext cab (Ford calls it Super Cab) long bed that I'm just about to start pulling apart for repairs.
The usual; rust in the radiator core support, wheel arches, frame, axles, cab corners, rocker panels, etc...

The frame doesn't worry me.
The core support will be, shall we say, interesting.
But the body I want to start with patch panels. I don't have the fabrication skills, tools, or time, to make all my parts from flat sheet.

Are there any places with patch panels for a truck this vintage that are known to be better than others?
Are there any places that I should stay away from?

Seems like all I see on the truck forums are folks complaining about 'the thin Chinese steel', but no one actually measures how thick it actually is, or the thickness of what they are replacing. So I'm not sure how much I believe them.


Rip VW 04-13-2018 04:40 PM

Hello and welcome,

Best answer to your question is Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks. I don't think much in small patch panels are out yet for that newer of a truck but I could be wrong. I glanced at LMC page for ford trucks and they have about anything you could need..

Show us a picture, Good Luck, :cool:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.