Hot Rod Forum banner
11355600372.jpg

11355600372.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
11355600371.jpg

11355600371.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
11355600370.jpg

11355600370.jpg

  • 0
  • 0

53 Stude/LS1 Engine fitting - Dec 25, 2005

After the first attempt at fitting the LS1 into the chassis I thought things were going pretty well. Then I started trying different exhaust combinations including several stock manifolds and a set of F-body Edelbrock shorty headers. I finally figured out that I needed to raise the the motor. I tried redrilling my motor mounts and bolting them to the frame mounts that had been fabricated to hold the 350. I finally got it in place but still was not happy with the way it sat and the exhaust sill had a major conflict with the steering box. I even took the hack saw to one of the moldings on the steering box and that helped give some room. The only way I could get anything close to fitting was to jack the motor up. So i decided to remove the fabricated frame mounts and get some stock Nova frame mounts which should put the motor higher.
There are no comments to display.

Album information

Category
Photo Journal
Album owner
Stu Cool
Date created
Item count
3
View count
53
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

Stu Cool

Can view media items
Everyone
Can add media items
Album owner only

Share this album

Top