As easy as the power seat mechs were, the seats themselves have started out the opposite. I have reproduction PUI covers to install, so I removed the cover from the top half of the rear seat. The springs were so rusted, it probably felt like sitting on the floor, and soon would be. I went to the good old junkyard, but there was only one coupe, of course no convertibles, and the frame is convertible only. My plan was to get a nice looking four door seat frame, and cut it down to size. It did not work, as the side frames are different, the mount holes are spaced different, etc.
I decided to remove all my rusty springs from the frame, and replace them with the cleaner ones provided by this blue 4 door donor from a 1969 Cutlass. I had to pry apart each fastener that held the springs to the frame. My top and bottom rails were pretty rusty, so I cut those from the donor also, and clamped it all back together. I used a few hogrings, but mostly the original fasteners crushed back together with pliers. The ends of the springs twisted around the frame as shown. The first one was a little difficult, but they were much easier after that. When I finished, I wire brushed off the frame, and painted it semi gloss black. I was amazed to discover this project took 4 hours!