I decide to strip off some of the paint on the door. That took some time, I had a belt sander to help me ..but only has 120 grit and 3 pieces to use. Well that went fast...not the door the sand paper!
So I had to use another sander to finish the job...and at least I have 60 grit which help a great deal more.
So this is what it looked like and what it looks like now.
I'm not worried about the pits in the door as it's an oven and it doesn't really matter of the looks of it.
Just so long as it works...but I bought some rust remover and this stuff is supposed to protect it and be able to paint it over.
I will see that when I do it next.
I did replace the insect back into the freezer but after removing the coils it was easier to get it back in.
I had to attach some metal stud pieces to the insert to bring it flush to the top of the freezers outer rail edge.
The metal studs will be what I use, to seal up the tube to the outer edge of the freezer and I will instal metal carriage bolts to hold it from shifting.
So when I put it up on end the insert will not fall to the bottom of the freezer.