OK, its been way too long since I updated this journal. Let me start by saying it is way out of date. I will try to get all the latest information up about it in the next 2 weeks or so.
Anyways, as for this update, I want to show off the nice new carpet install I did. I used foil backed bubble wrap for all areas that did not have weight (weren't stepped on) put on them. Then over that and everywhere else I used foil backed jute padding. The carpet is a very dark blue carpet that laid out fairly easily considering it was my first carpet install.
The first picture is the jute padding going down, you can see the bubble wrap on the firewall and under then seat.
The second picture shows the carpet during install. The seat was removed and you can see that most of the carpet has been laid out by this point. I still had to cut holes for the brake, gas, and steering column. I also was slowly cutting out the tranny cover panel so that I could cut the holes for the shifter and e-brake at a later time.
The third picture shows the carpet all done and set in place. I have some vinyl strips to line the edges of the tranny cover piece so that it overlaps slightly and also to prevent frayed edges.