With each step I learn new stuff about cars - which is not difficult when you don't know anything. After removing the front end sheet metal, I removed the Drum Brakes (a triumph in itself!).
I purchased a brake conversion kit from Brothers - it used the existing hubs and was pretty simple to install. My only problem was pressing out/in the wheel lugs. I paid a local garage a few bucks and had them do that piece for me. I went ahead and changed the bearings to the newer tapered bearings.
With the change from drum/drum to disc/drum, I had to upgrade my single chamber master cylinder to a dual, and of course that came required a new proportioning valve. All of this from Brothers....
Everything turned out well, but I still need to run the brake lines. I am going to have the frame / suspension powder coated before running those.
In retrospect I really didn't need to fit the new brakes on prior to removing the rest of the suspension in preparation for having the frame powder coated. I just had to take them off again... but it was good to see some progress.