In all my huge pile of junk, I managed to not have regular old-style Chevy engine mounts. I had to buy them at the parts store. I'm saving every receipt from this project, I'm really curious how much this 'fast and cheap' fix-up is going to end up costing, and how long it'll take.
The engine bolted in, but the 200R4 does not match up with the Impala's transmission crossmember. After a brief Internet search, I located several aftermarket suppliers who make a member for this swap, and they start at about $250. So of course, you guessed it, I decided to make my own.
I visited a local welding shop where I do business occasionally, and for $15 I purchased this piece of pipe, got them to bend if for me with these two angles in it, and throw in some 1/8" steel plate scraps. That kept me busy for a day or two. The plan was to fab it, and then take it back up there to have them do the "real" welds on it. But there was too much trial and error test fitting, and in the end, I decided I could weld it myself just fine with my Millermatic 135. This is what I came up with.