While off with my foot surgery(s), I'd hoped to get lots done on the car. Between the frigid cold of the last month, the second surgery a week ago, then back spasms, probably caused in part by stumping around in one orthopaedic boot, and a different thickness regular shoe, I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I'd hoped.
The last couple of days tho, I did manage to get a little bit done. Got the brake lines finished, got the fuel line finished and all secured to the frame with Adels. I got a tractor battery installed in the trunk, and the cables run. Waiting on the wire (linen wrapped) to get here so I can get it wired, and I have to have the very short driveshaft made. Still need to get the proper yoke, then I can measure that up.
I've made many trips to the NAPA store for all the little bits, tubing, fittings, hoses, belts, etc, and I have to say that this has turned into (for me) a pretty expensive build. Usually I have a donor car to cannabalize for all the trinkets, and for this one I have to buy everything. It adds up quickly! Not complaining, but I am looking forward to starting on the Diamond T, for which I have several big Tupperware storage bins full of Chev van parts all ready and waiting!
The engine I think look great in industrial grey, along with the brass and copper accents. I'm sort of conflicted about the air cleaner, I think I'm just going to paint the pans black, and call it good, as it's TIGHT against the underside of the hood. The element I had to squish a litte to have it clear as it is, and I've ground a little off the hinge flanges to clear. It's pretty full of engine...I'm gonna paint the spark plug looms black, and an engraver friend is engraving some brass ID plaques for it. Should look interesting.