I started off by pulling on the filler bung while applying heat. This annealed the MIG welds somewhat while giving the metal some give for the pull. Don is going to look at it to see if it needs more. Either way, it will require filler. It needs a lot less now than it did before I heated it. We will see if Don says it needs even less.
When I cut down the tank neck I forgot that the cut not only dropped the end down, it moved it inboard. If the intermediate tube was straight, that would not have been an issue. Unfortunately it is ''S'' shaped and interfered with the wheel house. Lengthening the neck almost fixed that problem, the opening in the wheel house will need a little trim to prevent a rattle.
The vent tube was bent into shape. It will need a support clamp either attached to the tank edge at the corner or maybe the tank strap.
Obviously it needs cleaned up, but it fits and it is functional. A couple of braces will be added tying the fender lip at the two bolt holes on either side of the tube to the tube and the vent tube to take strain off the fender face and the tube.
While I was under the car most of the day, I took the opportunity to use some Eastwood chassis internal paint to coat the inside of the two body braces which run from side to side in front of and behind the front seats. There are two braces which run for and aft between the front and back seats, reinforcing the foot wells on either side which also were coated. Finally, the gas tank channels received there coating. Nothing to see, so no photos. With that, however, the floor is ready to finish cleaning for primer.