Hot Rod Forum banner
12914305512.jpg

12914305512.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
12914305511.jpg

12914305511.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
12914305510.jpg

12914305510.jpg

  • 0
  • 0

Hookin' it up - Dec 3, 2010

This first picture is the one that was supposed to be with the last entry. Not sure why we can't edit the photos in our entries here.

It took a few trips to the Pick and Pull, the hardware store and AutoZone to get everything I needed to get this engine running. This car is far less of a pain in the butt if it moves under it's own power, and in this case, will greatly increase the likelihood that I'll still actually own it next spring. I bought compression fittings and a length of tubing to fix the transmission lines that had been hacked through. At the yard, I bought thermostat housings from several different GM products of various vintages to try and get an upper radiator hose on this car. In the end though, I used the one I already had, when I discovered a 1977 Chevy truck that had a long, Z-shaped hose. I cut some off of each end of it, and it solved my problem perfectly. I wasn't about to spend $200 or more on a new radiator. I have no problem taking my chances with the old one that I took out of the sedan I just parted out.

I used some of the exhaust pipe scrap that came with the engine, and some other scraps I had, to fabricate pipe to hook up to the dual exhaust that was dangling under this car. I mocked it up, cut little strips, and welded it together like this. It didn't take long. What took lots longer was repairing and fabricating new hangers and brackets for the rest of the exhaust system that was barely attached.
There are no comments to display.

Album information

Category
Photo Journal
Album owner
wilke
Date created
Item count
3
View count
16
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

wilke

Can view media items
Everyone
Can add media items
Album owner only

Share this album

Top