During the downtime while pulling and rebuilding the engine, I decided to tear into the interior. The dash pad is in terrible shape and needs to be replaced and the gauge cluster needs freshening up, among other things. Not shown is the dash completely gutted and the heater core and fan box pulled out of the firewall. The fan still worked when I tested it, so that's awesome, but the switch never did work, so I need to track down the wiring to figure out why. The heater core and all associated gaskets and seals need replacement as well. Hopefully I'll be able to patch these things up at least somewhat by the time the engine is installed again so it'll be road worthy.
The climate control assembly is in decent shape, but the clear plastic face is cracked and ugly. As a small side project, I tried fabricating a new one out of plexiglass using my Dremel, but it's just too intricate; there is no way I can recreate anything close to the original. I am trying to figure out an easy, but still aesthetically pleasing alternative.