Today, I started the buffing process on the cab while JB preped our new wheels for paint. It was raining yesterday so we went shopping for wheels, tires, beauty rings and hub caps. We now have all the major items to finish the truck. JB wanted the wide white walls, painted rims with beauty rings and a repro Ford hub cap. I will hold off on pics until they are on the car, though I will show a pic of one being painted so you will get a peep of the Rangoon Red going on. J B has never been what you would call a car guy, but he has a lot of savvy. I had told him how hard it is to paint wheels (for me any way). Well, he came in this am and started fabricating a rig to make the job easier (in his mind) so I started wet sanding the cab. After a while, he showed me his rig and it's like why did I not think of that years ago. He used pieces of scrap OSB to make the stand and then cut 3 foot lengths from the card board tube that is used to roll carpet on. He then split these sections of tubes length wise so he could reduce the diameter by rolling it tight. He then placed the tube in the center hole of a rim and let it expand out for a firm, but not too snug a fit. He did this for all five wheels and proceeded to place them on the cart and saw horses. I put one in the jig and started painting the back side, turning the wheel by spinning the tube. I then moved to the outside of the rim and finished it up, leaving the outside of the wheel unpainted. I then handed the tube and wheel to JB in exchange for another tube and wheel. This repeated until all of the wheels had one coat on the back side and the outside of the rim. I then started over with the second coat ant then applied the first coat to the outside of the wheel. I repeated on the other 4 wheels. I then returned for the second coat on the out side of the first wheel until all 5 wheels had two beautiful coats. Not a run and definitely the quickest and easiest I have ever painted a set of wheels.