Wednesday night after work I prepped the door for the window.
The channel was glued in place. I couldn't find the sweep material so I cut up a short section of channel for now. All of the channel and sweep at this point is sacrificial. Once everything is just so, it will all be ripped out for paint. Brand new stuff will be purchased, cut, trimmed, and installed.
On the passenger side, I cut the interior window surround in one place. It now has a hump I have to address. On the driver's side, I used two cuts and worked the piece a little bit more before welding. More time for two welds and more time for the prep before welding. However, the part is basically straight and will not require anywhere near the finish work the passenger side is going to take.