This thing fought the whole way in, but then why should it be any different from any other part. Once I got the front spring bolts and spring pads in the shackle bushing had to be reworked, got that fixed and in then I find the factory U bolts weren't long enough for the race springs and pad bushings so I had to get some larger dia. and longer bolts which required drilling out the base plate too.
But it's in now, shocks as well. I went ahead and got new pre bent brake lines, new wheel cylinders and also rebuilt the rear brakes. I still have to install the lines, but they seem to fit ok during mock up. I decided to blast and paint the brackets.
Once that was done I played contortionist and pop riveted the sheet metal behind the cross bar. What a PITA.
I still have to finish the PS door and kick panels later. I ran out of silicone, been putting it behind the panels to dampen vibration. Seems to make it pretty tight once riveted and siliconed.
Overall the car is taking shape, not real crazy about the colors of everything but I'm using whatever I have laying around on this car, including paint. It is afterall a race car first, not a show car. That car is still waiting patiently.
Next up is the fuel system and electrical. Oh joy!