Before starting on the trunk lid, I wanted to fix a problem with the fender. My concern was that the fix might throw the trunk lid off, so it needed fixed first.
The left fender fits great. The right one doesn't fit well. The roll pan &quot;kicks out&quot; at about floor level. Some of it could be fixed by moving the fender back a little but that creates new problems at the front. So, I ran a cut up to the floor in the inner wheel housing at the back. A hold down strap was attached to the tail light opening and the rear axle. Cranking the ratchet and heating the inner wheel house pulled it forward just enough. A quick weld and grind job and the fender fits a lot better.
I pulled the trunk lid off the shelf and removed the layers of paint. It is ready for some lead work and then gap fitting.