As mentioned in the last post, the S10 that I rebuilt from two wrecks about 5 years ago was hit broadside on December 21 and subsequently declared a total. There was no issue regarding fault, but due to the holidays, it was mid-January before all the paperwork (and money) had changed hands. Last weekend I put the GTO on hold for what I hope is no more than 30 days to fix the S10. Pictures 1 and 2 show the S10 before I started stripping the bent sheet metal. Picture 3 shows the â€œstrippedâ€ truck.
The hood was slightly dented (and could have been fixed), but I wanted a â€œcowl inductionâ€ because I plan to put a V8/6 speed in this truck at some point in the future (after my sonâ€™s GTO and his momâ€™s 58 corvette are finished). In addition to the hood, the front bumper was toast, the Driverâ€™s door and third door, the Step-side bed ahead of the rear wheel, the rear spring was broken, and unfortunately, the â€œcab cornerâ€ was bent.
Iâ€™m headed to my favorite salvage yard this Friday afternoon to see what I can find. Iâ€™ve ordered the hood, and the rebuild will begin in earnest next weekend.