Hot Rod Forum banner
11539784942.jpg

11539784942.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
11539784931.jpg

11539784931.jpg

  • 0
  • 0
11539784930.jpg

11539784930.jpg

  • 0
  • 0

The Nova - Jul 26, 2006

Finally started some real work on my car a couple of days ago, and so is created the first entry in my project journal. The car is a 1970 Nova. 350, 4-speed, front discs, all original from the factory and numbers matching.

I'm basically rebuilding the front suspension. Bushings, springs, ball joints, alignment, etc. in preparation for new tires. Also replacing the tie rods and adjustment sleeves if I have to, to minimize possible problems to some steering issues and make alignment easier.

So far I've gotten most of the parts off and I'm starting to take the old bushings out; only had a few problems so far. The upper A arm mounting shaft on the passenger side wouldn't clear the header when sliding off of it's mounting bolts. I didn't want to chance damaging the bolts by knocking them out (they are splined in the frame) so I ended up removing the header. And now the bushings (as expected) are giving me problems. The bushings in the upper A arms came out easy enough with the air chisel, but the lower A arms are being a lot less accomodating. Once I get all of the bushings out, will be removing the ball joints (also looking forward to that) and then painting the A arms.

Below are some pictures of the car and the parts. Bushings are nice and rotted, which is the main reason I'm doing this. And, new parts!
There are no comments to display.

Album information

Category
Photo Journal
Album owner
Arcuden
Date created
Item count
3
View count
21
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

Arcuden

Can view media items
Everyone
Can add media items
Album owner only

Share this album

Top