Well it was finally in the garage and I was just dying to do a little sanding. Well once you get started....it's hard to stop. So I ended up sanding half the top down to bare metal. Unfortunately one of the previous owner used about 3 layers of bondo on the roof (about 1/8th in thick), so it took a little work. The roof actually didn't look too bad when I got it all off. Nice thing is that we are installing a 20x30 ragtop sunroof in it, so I won't have to mess with the bulk of that roof. I'm going to make a steel subframe to go around the opening. I feel this will help it hold it's proper shape and give me fixed point to shape the rest of the roof to. The passenger side has a nasty hump in it from a bad chop. It's going to take a bit of heat and banging to get it re-shaped. I think I'm going to make a gauge off the driver's side to try to keep it somewhat uniform.
I can't wait to go home tonight to do more sanding. I'm hoping to finish stripping the driver's side down. I want to take some half & half pictures. It won't be long until it's time to finish the door tops so I can cut those doors back off the car. I can't wait to be able to sit inside.