For the first time since I've owned it the Nova finally has a washer system.
Last Sunday I had some time to go scrounging out at the wrecking yards. Well I found pretty much everything I needed in one place. How often does that happen?
Anyway, you may recall that I was not keen on using the factory setup with the large tank and bad location. I found a small tank in of all things, an '84 Mazda B2000 pickup and I found a splitter in a '90s Ford van.
The tank was small enough where I could mount it low, on the inner fender panel under the voltage regulator/horn relay. The mounting bracket for the tank was designed for a vertical surface and I have a slanted surface. I needed to fabricate a bracket that could hold the tank vertical.
I usually don't have any sort of sheet metal around. Just don't have the space for it. I did have some bracket left over from when the shed was built. It was steel and sturdy but thin enough to bend with a pair of pliers. I flattened it out and bent it to accommodate the mounting bracket on the tank. I drilled mounting holes in the bracket and fender well and put the bracket in place. I figured out and hooked up the electrical and today got the tubing.
I ran the tubing along the wires for a cleaner look and hooked everything up. It works like a champ.