Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This build isnt for drag racing but we are gonna drag race it anyway...

Its been on the back burner for a bit but I sold my Blazer and the upcoming Duct Tape drags in Sept in Tuscon have me motivated to get it on the road and go on a roadtrip. Its just a toy, my off road hotrod, no daily driving here...

80 C10 Chevy truck. Stepside shortbed. 2wd.
Its pretty gutted, no interior, heat or a/c, just 2 race seats. Im guessing 4000 pounds but we will see once I weigh it.

SBC 355. Performer Alum heads. 240/246 @.050 cam. 550 or so lift with 1.6 rockers. RPM airgap manifold. 9.5/1 compression. 1 3/4 tube headers with 3" colectors and flow through mufflers and h-pipe.
Brawler 680 VS carb.
No idea on HP, Its been 20 years since I did any drag racing. 400 ish ??

Built TH400 with 3200ish stall converter. I know so far it will at least stall to about 3k on the brakes in the shop but its not on the road yet to see where it actually lands.

Ford 9" with 35 spline axles and a spool. 5.14 gears ( Tall tires 35" currently but possibly a 33" )

Ideally at 5500 rpm it puts it right at 100mph and thats the goal, 100mph in the 1/4.
More importantly, it needs to do fantastic burnouts and donuts...

The cam dyno sheet shows it running out of steam at around 5800 so I left a little room just in case it runs over 100 somehow.

Ive got a NX plate system and a bag of jets. The plan is to spray it at 50HP on a WOT switch and then move up to 75 or 100 as long as I can keep it from going lean and try not to send the cast pistons out the bottom...

Anyway, lets hear the guesses..lol
Its clearly not gonna run 10's but what do we think it will run ?

We will find out for sure but thats a couple months out...

·
Registered
269 Posts
This build isnt for drag racing but we are gonna drag race it anyway...

Its been on the back burner for a bit but I sold my Blazer and the upcoming Duct Tape drags in Sept in Tuscon have me motivated to get it on the road and go on a roadtrip. Its just a toy, my off road hotrod, no daily driving here...

80 C10 Chevy truck. Stepside shortbed. 2wd.
Its pretty gutted, no interior, heat or a/c, just 2 race seats. Im guessing 4000 pounds but we will see once I weigh it.

SBC 355. Performer Alum heads. 240/246 @.050 cam. 550 or so lift with 1.6 rockers. RPM airgap manifold. 9.5/1 compression. 1 3/4 tube headers with 3" colectors and flow through mufflers and h-pipe.
Brawler 680 VS carb.
No idea on HP, Its been 20 years since I did any drag racing. 400 ish ??

Built TH400 with 3200ish stall converter. I know so far it will at least stall to about 3k on the brakes in the shop but its not on the road yet to see where it actually lands.

Ford 9" with 35 spline axles and a spool. 5.14 gears ( Tall tires 35" currently but possibly a 33" )

Ideally at 5500 rpm it puts it right at 100mph and thats the goal, 100mph in the 1/4.
More importantly, it needs to do fantastic burnouts and donuts...

The cam dyno sheet shows it running out of steam at around 5800 so I left a little room just in case it runs over 100 somehow.

Ive got a NX plate system and a bag of jets. The plan is to spray it at 50HP on a WOT switch and then move up to 75 or 100 as long as I can keep it from going lean and try not to send the cast pistons out the bottom...

Anyway, lets hear the guesses..lol
Its clearly not gonna run 10's but what do we think it will run ?

We will find out for sure but thats a couple months out...
Somewhere in 13 second range with good traction. I would suppose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have 35s all around on a 2wd truck? Or are they just in the back?
Street tires are hard to get traction with.
Drive around the water box.
Yes... All 4. It has long travel style A-arms etc.. 2-3" of lift total.
Definitely dont need a burnout on the General off road tires... (Will probably still do one...lol )
I may look for some more street friendly 33's to throw on for the event though in an attempt for better traction and a little more gear ratio...

Wonder if they make a drag radial in 33"...lol

If it runs any number that starts with 13 at 100 or more Id be pretty stoked...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts