Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i need to know if i should use 1.5 or 1.6 rockers on my stroker motor. here is what i am using:Ok, i am building another engine. This time i am basically using a scat 383 crank, 5.7 scat 600g lightweight rods, hyper speed pro dished .110 pistons .06 over to yeild a 9.8:1 compression, edelbrock E-Tec 200 heads, edelbrock vortec air gap aluminum intake, and a edelbrock rpm performer camshaft that has 234/244 duration at .50 and .488/.510 lift. Now i purchased scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, but now i think that i may have made a mistake b/c now the cam lift will be .520/.544 and i am worried that the valves are going to smack the crap out of my pistons. any help would be most appreciated. i wouldnt mind using the 1.6 ratio rockers as they will obviously boost performance. let me know what you all think. Thanks

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Of course the spings and clearances limit how much total lift you can get away with.

Going from 1.5s to 1.6s shouldn't normally exceed the heads flow capacity. If it does, the cam is too big, or the heads don't flow enough for the cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.