Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well here is what i have , 454 4 bolt main bored 30 over the block is stamped high perf on the back. eldebrock 2-0 intake large tube headders 850 holley, wanting to build around 600-700 hp and add a 200 shot of nitrous,going to use 781 heads now and buy some alum when budget allows it, was thinking about a xe 284 cam from comp cams. not sure .will work

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
If you are truly building a 700 hp engine and adding NO-2 then you better save up to buy all the parts at once.An engine that will last making 900HP and all that torque will need premium parts everywhere.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Nitrous on a bb on street tires is just a waste of nitrous. My 380 hp 454 LS-5 would melt the street tires with any launch all the way through drive. My nitrous bottle was never filled once in the 5 years I had the car.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Rhino370, The easiest way to get to 600+ HP is with a 489 cid rotating assembly. This is a 4340 forged steel crank, H-Beam rods with ARP bolts, forged pistons, main bearings and rod bearings, and ring set. The 781 heads with good porting and a solid lifter cam in the 250-260 duration should put you over 600 hp. Check out the kits at Summit Racing, Jegs, and CNC Motorsports. I purchased mine from CNC Motorsports. I got to choose the brand of pistons I wanted. i think they use KB Icon Forged pistons, Mahle Pistons, and JE Pistons in their kits. Choose from Scat or Eagle kits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.