Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 12 bolt rear end in my chevelle. I have the eaton series 3 carrier and a set of 4.11 gears along with a new set of axles and bearings also. This will be my first time rebuilding a rear end, and would like to know if any of you guys got tips/tricks to make my life easier rebuilding this.

thanks

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
I was going to rebuild the 12 bolt on my blazer but decided on having Hoopers Rearend in Sun Valley, Ca., do the work since they only charged $100 for setup. You have to put the right shims in and set it up perfect otherwise you get vibration and wasted your money and time.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
yes. I bought the ring and pinion and the bearing kit from an off road center and then took the whole axle to the rear end shop and it was $100 setup. They charged me $35 extra for new outer bearings. That was it. They said it would have been a $100 more if they had to take the axle out of my blazer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, the gears are for a 3 series carrier. if i can remember i think they were an extra 50 buckx for a 3 series. what is the difference between a 3 series 4.11 and a 4 series 4.11 ring and pinion?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts