Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added 12 more cars to my collection...they are all Fords they were delivered today! :thumbup: They have all the accessories available at that time. All are 2 door except the 50's car. They run from the 1950's up to a 1972 Grand Torino Sport. Let see if I can list them all..
1-1950's 4 door sedan (model unknown at this time) 3-1958 Edsels, 1- 1959 Fairlane 500, 1-1959 Galaxie, 1-1960 Starliner, 1-1960 Thunderbird convertable, 1-1961 Galaxie, 1-1961 Stairliner, 1-1962 Galaxie 500 and 1- 1972 Grand Torino Sport.

These were all dealership cars that my wifes grandfather collected while he worked for Ford.

Check out the pic of them at my office!
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/27483/cat/500/page/1

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Man. that is awesome!!!

Are you sure your neighbors aren't going to complain when you park your new collection at your house??

I'll bet because those cars were all special dealership models, they are built with some real tight tolerances. :thumbup:

You lucky dog. :D

Mikey

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
Gator-
I remember going to the Ford store when i was 11-15 buying these models.
I ended up with quite a few of them----dunno what happened to them though.
(tyrant stepfather trashed a few b-4 he left when I was 13) A mostlikely rightfully very angry mother got some too.
(single mom with 2 teens and a 6yr girl---was testy at times :D )

The Salesmen there would also give some of the models from the 60's.
My favorites were the 69 LTD sport roof and the 69 Marauder.

Wish I still had em------Got a 1/8 scale 65 Vette still in the box--I have toted this around since I was a teen.

Bryan

·
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok..It looks like I tricked some of you...but yes these are dealer models in model scale. Some of them have writing stamped into them pointing out the finer points of the cars.

Brian these are cool and you probably had a few of the ones I just got.

Mikey I knew you would get a blast out of this! :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.