Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Cavalcade of Customs, i huge indoor carshow in Cinci,OH over the weekend where i found the craziest paint job ever on a tractor trailer, check it out i posted pics in my photo album.

·
Registered
171 Posts
that RIG looks awesom the artist really earned his money on that paint job. something like that you are not paying for the piant but the atrist that did the work. Man I would really love that Dragon painted on my car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The truck belongs to Dale Ison from Ohio.
It was fitured on the Dupont Top gun Calender for
November, 2002 year. 2,000 hrs of artwork and 1,600 for teardown and prep work. It was painted in an airport hanger in Hillsboro. From a distance it looks like a fire breathing dragon, up close you can see wolves, cats, goddesses, elves,warriors and other characters, along with castles and trees with faces. There are more than 10,000 objects in all. It was painted with Chromabase and ChromaPremier 72200S claercoat. :eek: :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sell Paint guns here in Ga and That truck was supposedly painted with an I wata airbrush and the guy that painted it says it took 2000 hours at over 1,000,000 brush strokes!!! If he did it that quick I would be suprised. I know Iwata uses it as a sales gimmick. I also know Iwata builds one of the best airbruses around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts