Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is an odd problem. I have an edelbrock 1410 ( aedelbrock with no vacuum lines to it ..marine restrictions) it is on a edelbrock performer intake on a cammed 454. I have a manual fuel pump and a electric fuel pump to feed that (long fuel lines) I had a problem with the original manuel fuel pump and removed that. then the electric fuel pump died. I have replaced both including the fuel filter. when I add throttle I can get the RPM up to about 3800 rpm. any farther and she wants to open the secondaries. when I drop the hammer the secondaries want to open. every time the secondaries open the boat just stalls. could I have a couple of plugged jets? Am I starved for fuel? help

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,303 Posts
Could easily be a lean bog caused by a clogged filter or dirt in a jet. Could also be condensation/water in the bowl. Doesn't seem likely, I know, but often times under acceleration or with the bow in the air, the water is at the back of the bowl.

Double check the step up linkage for the secondaries, sometimes the little plastic cam breaks and doesn't lift the needles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be in IRAQ till next boating season, but the fuel pump is a carter for both electrical and manual. linkage seems to be right, I am leaning towards getting a fuel pressure guage. it is big motor, and am thinking I my have a blocked jet for the secondaries

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.