Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
why in the world would you want to ruin the looks of a muscle car?

Troy:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TO EACHS OWN I GUESS....ALOT OF OLD TIMERS HAVE THEIR WAY OF DOING THINGS WHICH US YOUNGER GUYS FROM THE NEW GENERATION ACCEPT AND RESPECT. TOO BAD THAT RESPECT ISNT MUTUAL...SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF THE OLD TIMERS ARE RESISTANT TO CHANGE AND DISRESPECT WHAT THE YOUNGER GUYS ARE DOING.....EITHER WAY, IT CANT BE DENIED THE STUFF THAT SOME OF US YOUNGER GUYS ARE PUTTING OUT ARE TURNING HEADS FROM ALL GENERATIONS.....

·
2,643 Posts
Easy there kido, your speaking for a lot of people, No body young or old is doing anything any different than whats always been done. All I was saying is the classics just don't look right with tall wheels. It's kinda like having tires extending out of the wheel wells, there is just some things that look good on some cars but not on others. But hey, it's your car you do what you want to to it, thats what hotrodding is all about.

I can still read the standard size typing, so there is no need to shout with the caps. Good luck with the wheels.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EASY THERE GRANDPA....."TALL WHEELS DONT LOOK GOOD ON CLASSIC CARS"....HMM WELL, THAT IS YOUR OPINION, WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TOO, BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE SUCH AS MYSELF AND MANY OTHER WORLDCLASS BUILDERS THAT WILL DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT.....AS I SAID BEFORE TO EACHS OWN....I DONT GO AROUND TELLING EVERY CAR I SEE WITH CORNY ZZTOP PAINT SCHEMES LIKE THE ONE IN YOUR AVATAR THAT THEIR LAYOUT RUINS THEIR "MUSICAL" CAR.....EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN SENSE OF STYLE AND WHAT THEY WANT THEIR CAR TO BE.....YOU DONT LIKE TALL WHEELS FINE....MY THREAD WAS A SIMPLE INQUIRY ABOUT BACKSPACE...NOT AN INQUIRY OF YOUR OPINION ON WHAT MUSCLE CARS SHOULD CONSIST OF....

·
2,643 Posts
Yeh, I didn't like the paint scheme ether, but the officials and the judges told me that was what I needed to be a winner, and they were right, as it won the international championship, World of wheels ( ISCA ) And 26 best of show at Super Chevy. And many other awards.

Still there is no reason for all the sarcasm and shouting. You will find that there is a lot of opinions posted on this board, thats what it is here for. That's what I gave you, not criticism.

And yes, I am a grandpa and proud of it.

Troy

·
Registered
297 Posts
Troy,

Don't waste your time. He buys a MUSCLE CAR, or mom and dad did, and wants to impress his friends with the big tires that are running around on every other vehicle nowadays. He did not take the hint when no one responded to him on his initial posting. Maybe he should of taken the time and did some measuring, and figure it out himself. But that takes some time, brains, and effort, of which the younger generation lacks the ambition to use.

Funny, growing up, you respect your elders, regardless of whom they were and whether you thought they were wrong or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wildman, dont make assumptions about me that you cant back up.....

maybe thats how it worked in your days....elders are just like anyone else in my eyes...they earn respect just like everyone else...its not given for free.....

·
2,643 Posts
No one said they ruined your bourban (except you) I saw a 3 dr. with them the other day it didn't look bad.

Troy:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
sure is mouthy for a short little punk, he is so bad he never comes out from his key board, sounds like he is FULL of self esteem and has no clue.. Yeah I have the back space answer, but I think I will keep it to myself. PS that is how us old guys know so much, we do not tell morons the right answerers............ what a clown this one is,,,,

·
Registered
2 Posts
pepi said:
sure is mouthy for a short little punk, he is so bad he never comes out from his key board, sounds like he is FULL of self esteem and has no clue.. Yeah I have the back space answer, but I think I will keep it to myself. PS that is how us old guys know so much, we do not tell morons the right answerers............ what a clown this one is,,,,
I hope you are not refering to me? Is this how you welcome new members? Nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.