Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a diagram or something to help me with brake lights and brake light switch on my 1923 t-bucket. It is basic wiring, it is set up like a race car . push button starting , no ign. switch and no front or rear blinkers.

I have front lights and tail lights but no brake lights. was told i have it wired right but no brake lights. I have checked fuses loose wires switched out rear lights, went from pressure brake switch to manual brake switch and still nothing. someone please help.

thanks and keep on hotrodding!!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
bk lites

are u using a duel filament bulbs on the rear ??? one is for running and other is bk.. for brk ... hot wire to brk sw, out of sw to bk lite.. gotta make sure that lite is grounded or nothing will work...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brake light with manual switch.

delawarebill said:
are u using a duel filament bulbs on the rear ??? one is for running and other is bk.. for brk ... hot wire to brk sw, out of sw to bk lite.. gotta make sure that lite is grounded or nothing will work...
have rear brakes and running lights using manual brake switch. Have running lights but no brake lights using pressure brake switch. I will try
to bleed my brakes for possible air bubble .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Those pressure switches are notoriously failure prone, especially the ones produced in the past 20 years or so. If you want reliable brake lights, forget about the pressure switch and just use a mechanical brake light switch.

I see you have posted the same question several times. If you're having trouble finding your previous posts, try this link:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=102148

Good Luck..... :thumbup:

·
life is a ride
1,540 Posts
Using a test light, with the wires connected to the brake light switch, probe each pin on the brake light switch and find the hot wire. This is the hot feed from the fuse block.
Next probe the other pin on the brake light switch. Have someone press the brake pedal. This should light the test light. If not the brake light switch is bad. This assumes the brakes are working on the car.

vicrod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts