Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1929 Model A did not come with a hood, but I want to put one on it.
I bought a used original 28/29 hood that basically came as 4 panels, without anything else. It does have the center top hood hinge pin/rod, but doesn't have the hinge pin/rods for the side panels. No latches, mounts, props or any other hardware.

I've googled myself blue in the face and haven't found any good pictures showing what all parts I need, and how this thing is mounted and latches.

I'm trying to get an idea of the parts list I'll need, and how to mount this on the car.

Can some other Model A owners with hoods post some close up pictures of the the hood hinges, hood latches, fasteners, mounts, hood prop, supports, any channeling or body protection the hood might rest on, etc.. With hoods open, closed, propped open, anything will help.

If anyone has any exploded view diagrams of the hood with all its hardware that would be great too.

Obviously I'm still fairly new to owning a Model A, so any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could really use some close up pictures of the top rear and top front hood mounting brackets to see where they go and how they are mounted.
And some pictures of the hood latches, and the lacing.
Anyone out there willing to snap a few?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a good diagram in Mac's auto parts catalog.

The bad news is, I bought this hood before measuring the coupe, I don't know why I assumed a stock hood would fit. The coupe has been stretched several inches longer than the hood.

Anyone have success stretching a stock hood?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts