Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys : I am trying to bolt on new style Ford rims with the correct bolt pattern onto my 1929 Ford RPU ,, but the 1/2 -20 wheel studs are too short. There is only 3/8ths of an inch of the wheel studs exposed which is not enough. Does anyone out there know of a longer wheel stud that will fit my existing hubs. The front studs are swaged in and the rear studs are pressed in with very little or no clearance on the rear of the hub so they clear the brake parts. I'm looking for wheel studs that are just like the factory ones ,, only 1/2 inch longer and I can't be the only person who has run into this problem. I look forward to everyone reply and thank you for your time to read this.
Regards
Ham

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not enough info. Are we talking stock running gear here or some aftermarket front suspension?

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not enough info. Are we talking stock running gear here or some aftermarket front suspension?

Keith
Hi : It’s an original stock front / rear suspension and hubs. We just need longer wheel studs for the thicker aftermarket rims. Thanks for reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts