Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm here to help a neighbor of mine in Alamogordo, NM in finding a good home for her old Model A. It's a 1930 Ford Model A6. IF anyone is interested I can put you in contact with her. Im posting photos here as well. She can tell you more about the history of this car, but I want to add my impression that when I opened the doors and shut them again, they worked great and closed with a comforting sound of a properly close door. It's in great shape on that aspect, and never been wrecked. The photos will tell you it needs commitment to get it up to snuff, but what's there now is solid and good.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello,

I'm here to help a neighbor of mine in Alamogordo, NM in finding a good home for her old Model A. It's a 1930 Ford Model A6. IF anyone is interested I can put you in contact with her. Im posting photos here as well. She can tell you more about the history of this car, but I want to add my impression that when I opened the doors and shut them again, they worked great and closed with a comforting sound of a properly close door. It's in great shape on that aspect, and never been wrecked. The photos will tell you it needs commitment to get it up to snuff, but what's there now is solid and good.
Any idea what kinda money she is wanting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what kinda money she is wanting?
I just spoke with her an hour ago and she asked me to be sure to mention that this car has no salt exposure, since it's been in New Mexico the whole time. It's a good investment due to that, and she has the rest of the parts in her shop/garage.
She was thinking of asking $18,000 just to be fair to people who might be a bit less funded than some others. Then she settled on $20,000 because she wants wiggle room to negotiate.
I am working here in confidence just to be fair to everyone, but to also give you the real info to answer your question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just spoke with her an hour ago and she asked me to be sure to mention that this car has no salt exposure, since it's been in New Mexico the whole time. It's a good investment due to that, and she has the rest of the parts in her shop/garage.
She was thinking of asking $18,000 just to be fair to people who might be a bit less funded than some others. Then she settled on $20,000 because she wants wiggle room to negotiate.
I am working here in confidence just to be fair to everyone, but to also give you the real info to answer your question.
I just uploaded a pic of the front end

·
Registered
Audi S4 2007
2 Posts
My God, I couldn't get past it and I want to say it's just a legend! Delightful stuff, I think some collector will buy it, but thanks for sharing it here at least)

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,654 Posts
Nice project car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, she said it would raise a few eyebrows.

Hey, if no one here want's it, where can I post it to the collectors out there?

Also, Is it too much to post it out there at $22,000?

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK, she said it would raise a few eyebrows.

Hey, if no one here want's it, where can I post it to the collectors out there?

Also, Is it too much to post it out there at $22,000?

Thanks
Here is a thought, have her or you contact "Bring a Trailer" .com and list it as a "project"! She would have people bidding on it and the sky is the limit. That being said, I have never done that. If you look up BaT ( Bring a Trailer) and observe how it works and follow it for a few days to however it takes to get a good feel for it, just as an option. I'm gotten myself addicted to it, you see vehicles on it that you just don't often see and it has a huge audience! The best thing she has going for her is it is such a solid car and has lived in NM!!!!!! BaT also helps with shipping but it all comes with a percentage that they get on the sale also. How much I have no idea but it's worth checking out! I am not affiliated with them in any way!!!!! Good luck to her and I think it is great you are helping her out!! Peace Brother!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts