Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
something droll and pithy
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't bore you with the sad saga of why I had to get rid of my roadster www.mcguill.com/hotrod before I could finish it, but I did. However, now I'm opening up a bakery, and am looking for a 1932 sedan delivery (fiberglass) to build for fun / advertising / delivery.

So far I've come across Gibbon in Florida and a place called Deuce Customs in Australia (!). The Australian thing might be interesting due to currency conversion, but shipping might eat up the savings. We'll see.

I've searched Google high and low, and only come up with those two mfgs. Does anyone know of any other *good* companies that make '32 deliveries?

BTW, Vince, if you read this, I ponied up the $$ for the HobbyAir system. I ended up painting my wifes Jeep - but that is another post...

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, for anyone interested, it is Ravon Street Rods to the rescue again. They did my '32 roadster, so I called them, and sure enough they can do a '32 sedan or sedan delivery. Theirs has a 3.5" chop. I was thinking about stock height, but I kind of dig the chop.

Here is my photoshopped rendering of what I'd like to do paint wise.

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Vince, sorry to hear that. I haven't been following your threads lately. I'll have to read up on how the progress went and why you don't like Gibbon.

Thanks Poncho, I'll check them out. I've got nothing against Canucks, y'all build good log homes up there!!

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
McDeuce said:
Hey Vince, sorry to hear that. I haven't been following your threads lately. I'll have to read up on how the progress went and why you don't like Gibbon.

Thanks Poncho, I'll check them out. I've got nothing against Canucks, y'all build good log homes up there!!
Not that I don't like Gibbon, it's just that I now realize there are far better bodies out there for the same $. I am fighting fitment issues currently with the front fenders, hood, and grill shell. This is a problem with all 33-34's, even the originals. My probllem is compounded by the fact that I have discovered the body is 1/2" wider off center on the drivers side. I am also displeased with the deck lid and gas tank cover fit. I will get back on those when I am satisfied with the front end fit.....if ever:pain: This is the final fit before paint prep.

Vince

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.