Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have been around longer than most on this board and have always had a lot of interest in 35, 36, 37 Fords. I have seen book shelves full of literature on these years, but have never seen a 35 or 36 COE in any of them, nor have I ever seen any COE in the literature. While it will be an interesting build, I think you will find a 36 PU with some deep underpinning!!! Those are PU fenders on it: not the 1 or 1-1/2 ton fenders. Please post some Pics of the marriage of the top cab to the big riser supporting it as well as the attachment of the Pug nose.

Trees

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coe pics

Its the same cab as my 1/2 ton 35 same fenders. but i was told the stock fenders were notched for the doors. the panles between the cab and fenders are not the right ones.here is some more pics. I do have the stock chrome that goes around the grill it don't fit my pickup it don't have a bend and its biger.The old man i picked it up from told me they made 50 of them and there are 4 left counting mine. I don't know he is 87 years old and has had the truck for over 50 years. I am at a loss but it will make a cool rat rod

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Your 1/2 ton in the pic has a 36 hood and grill, or it is a 36. I would never challenge anyone's claim on the year of their old Ford because Henry was big on using all the parts, when possible. He could well have run out of hood and grill parts near the end of the 35 run and threw on the new 36 parts. The 36 used the left over 35 frames til near mid year and then the new, improved(?) frame was installed. Same for the doors, except the 35s ran out in about 3 months. An interesting mod to a 35 or 36 PU is to put a 35 or 36 car hood grill and front fenders on them.

Trees

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
35 1.2

You called that right. I have the right parts but the 36 parts were in better shape.It is all steal truck. thats what i was after. GOOD CALL. Now help me find out more about the coe truck please.I am about ready to put it on ebay just to try to get info on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
35 coe not 36

If you look up you will see the Eaglesfield and irish emblem. They built the coe truck for ford. This is what I was told by the old man I bought the truck from. Has anyone reading this ever saw a emblem like this one? I have try to find eaglesfield but no luck. I think the coe is a prodoe type. I guess I should call ford. I am not sure I am to young and I trust the old mans word. If in fact its a 35 how would put a price on it, if not its going to be a cool rat rod.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.