Hot Rod Forum banner

1936 Pontiac, were did they all go?

608 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  cerial
1936 Pontiacs must have all been used-up? I have been looking for tail lights for 8/9 years now & other than a few lenses & frames ( that I have grabbed ) I have not seen not one housing or the stands they mount to. I have not seen any body parts or project cars showing up anywhere for sale? Where did they all go? I want a pair of these taillights & stands....
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Water Hood Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
They look a lot like my 36 Chevy tail light mounts. I have a search in E-bay for anyone that lists tail lights for that vehicle. Not a lot of hits but every so often one shows up and if its decent I'll grab it. I suspect GM used similar if not the same tail light assemblies with different lens for there various models. Look at any GM car in that year range (35-36) for potential matches.

· Registered
171 Posts
They look like the ones on my 1935 Buick. I would need a close-up picture to be sure. If they are the same you could get the Buick ones from suppliers of Buick parts.
You could contact the Buick club of America......(763) 420-7829...........ask them for help on what members sell parts, etc.
good luck

· Registered
4,866 Posts

I imagine the teardrop frame and even the lenses could be 3d printed if you had an old refrence to take measurments from.

Few videos out on 3d printed taillights and the media required.

Once cleaned up you could spray chrome paint over the frame so it looks like metal. Once again more videos out covering that.

The bracket(s) could be 3d printed with metal inserts once again using measurments off the old.

All this will pay off when your backed into by a soccer mom at the local Sunday meet or just pulling out of the garage.

Instead of looking for lets say 3 months and paying $400 you can simply grab the spares you printed when you made the ones on the car and after a few hours have the new set bolted up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts