Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to the point of installing my engine/trans and want to know how others have done it? More specifically what you did or did not have to cut out as far as the floor boards, firewall, etc.

I am installing a 350 Chevy with a 700R4 trans. It will have a/c, power steering, alt.

Who else has run this type of set-up? Did you use an electric fan, etc. etc.???? Any info would be great.

37's are the same deal. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Never done that year Chevy but I did hot rod a '36 Pontiac 4-dr sedan. Replaced a straight 8 with a 230 Chevy straight 6 so had gobs of room. My guess is a V8 will fit lengthwise with no problems. Width will be your main problem. I ran a puller electric fan in mine. Had the Pontiac radiator rebuilt and it does great. Had to do that 'cause it is a non-standard cross-flow with tapered side tanks to fit the '36 grille. Motor mounts and tranny mount will be your most head-scratching task but pretty straight forward. I doubt you will need to hack any sheet metal except maybe inner fender wells.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just did one Short water pump small dist and electric fan . Its close but no cutting and fits well . Chassis eng makes all the mounts but hang the motor and move it back and forth to fit your needs. Sometimes there measurements are not perfect. Do a total mock up with the nose and rad in it before welding/bolting in any mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.