Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1939 chevy truck, manual brakes desk on front 9" ford rear with drum brakes rear.

Can any tell me the right parts to buy to make this power brakes. With part numbers places to buy. This is just to hard to stop now me getting old. thanks again for your help

Attachments

·
True Hotrodder
1,545 Posts
Nice truck! Looks like you have a front clip from a GM vehicle and the master cylinder looks like a something in the 70's? If so, then and depending on firewall room, I would be looking to source a master cylinder and power booster from a GM in that era. You may also need to make some adjustment in brake pedal ratio but that's not an absolute. I also notice what looks like an aftermarket adjustable brake proportioning valve. Have you tried working with that to see if it has any input on the vehicle's stopping power?

Reactions: jagco

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Looks like it's pro street. Kind of infers that you have a somewhat stout motor and down on vacuum. If that's the case a vacuum booster may be the wrong way to go. If you do in fact have low vacuum then I would recommend hydoboost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts