Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, I am not positive, but I was told that this axle is from a '40 Ford. It has some rust, but looks like it would clean up nicely. I tried to upload pictures, but apparently the file size is too big, and I couldn't get it to work. I cut my camera back to its lowest setting, and still couldn't get the files to upload.
I am brand new to this site, so I am not really sure how this auction works, but I want to help with the law suit. Anyway, this axle is up for auction with all proceeds going to the fund. All I will want is the actual UPS shipping costs to send the axle to the winner. Suppose I should set an opening bid amount...How about $10?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Not interested in the axle, but a little info to help the auction. That axle will fit from 35-40 if it is the shorter version. If it is the longer version, it will fit 41-48, I no longer have the dimensions of either to positively identify the axle. Good luck on the auction.

Trees

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorrry...I've been off doing other stuff and haven't been paying attention here. The axle is approximately 50" long overall. And it is actually way nicer than it looks in the pictures. The holes are sharp and not rusted out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it is. I'm pretty new here myself, and I'm not sure how this auction works. I jumped in without really finding out the details. Anyway, if it gets sold, the price goes to the fund, somehow. I will just want the shipping charges reimbursed. Thanks for your interest.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
FWIW- Having just bid on and won a set of rods and pistons, what WE did was I paid [email protected] via PayPal the amount of the part.

The seller was then notified of this payment and I contacted the seller in re shipping charges.

Then, I was sent an estimate of shipping charges, which I also paid via PP. Then the parts were shipped.

In my particular case, shipping was estimated at $16.00, the actual charge will be closer to $35 with PP fee reimbursement, etc.- which I will send out as soon as the package has been received.

Had the shipping estimate been correct, the seller would have had all his money for shipping before hand- that isn't how it worked out in this case, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.