Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is nick im from NE im 26 and just recently bought a new project a 1940 international harvester pickup dont really know how im going to do it yet but im needing some information and advice on the engine swap so if any of you could help that would be amazing

·
Registered
17,612 Posts
Before you change anything or buy any parts, you need to sit down and list what it is that you want the truck to do when it's finished.
Yard Queen, driven only on the 4th of July.
Yard Queen, driven only on the 4th of July with a lumpy cam.
All original with an engine swap, driven once in a while.
All original with an engine swap, driven every day.
All original body, with a frame swap including PS, PB, R&P.
Full custom with $10,000 paint and blower on a BBC.
Or whatever your imagination conjures up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
body wise i kinda like how it looks so might just buff a bit and clear coat. engine Im kinda thinking of a medium horsepower and a daily driver. ive always helped and done friends cars now that its mine idk where to start I know im pulling the engine, cab and box to restore and rino line or powerder coat the frame

·
Registered
17,612 Posts
Were you interested in a gasoline engine, or diesel, natural gas, propane or what?
What size and configuration, V8, V6, inline 6, 4-cylinder, up to 200 cubic inches, 350 cubic inches, more than 350 cubic inches? What transmission, auto or manual, 2-speed, 3-speed, 4-speed, 5-speed, 6-speed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
355 or 383...or maybe find a 400 small block and transmission idk prolly turbo 350. Id like to convert it to a automatic with overdrive for highway driving and poker runs. how much HP do you think ill need at min to get that pickup down the track in a good time. thank you for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts