Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the pictures I had in my file and decided I needed to do an update to show anybody whose interested where I'm at today. I bought the car in Jan. 2004, a couple of pics show what I started with, and the stand I built and used when I rebuilt the body. It's been about 2 years since I last posted some pics of the car. During that time, I have finished welding in the new sheetmetal (had to replace the toeboards, trans cover, all the flooring including the trunk, r&l cowl panels, r&l rocker panels, right quarter panel, and rear panel under the trunk), completed the major bodywork, painted the firewall, dash and door jams, etc., remounted the body on the frame, wired the car, installed the Hot Rod Air/Heat unit, insulated the body, built the interior console, mounted the seats, built the trunk and interior panels, installed elec. door and window controls, removed the vent windows, frenched the headlights, and had the grille rechromed. I used a EZwiring harness (had never wired a complete car before) and when I turned the key, the engine fired and ran, everything worked, no leaks, shorts or blown fuses. How do you suppose that happened? Great product. The chassis has a rebuilt 78 MII front suspension w/ 11" discs and a '67 Camaro 10-bolt posi with 4:10 gears. The engine is a .030-over '87 350 sbc with powdered rods, Comp 270H cam and kit with roller rockers, vortec heads, MSD ignition, hugger headers running thru FlowMaster 50-series mufflers, and butts up to a '87 700R4. I'm now finishing putting the sound system in it and will do the final prime and blocksanding this winter. I plan on painting the car this spring. Other than having the front suspension crossmember welded in place and the exhausts installed, I have done all the work on the car myself, so there's no one else to blame for how it turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks homebrew, this is my first street rod. I built several drag cars in the 60's and 70's, including an altered T roadster, but nothing as in-depth as this. Real learning experience. Met a lot of good people in the process too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.