Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Recently we discovered a 1946 Chevrolet Delivery Truck from the Fleckenstein Brewery. It was located in Faribault Minnesota from 1856-1964. We are hoping to get this truck restored to what it looked like back then.

My question for the experts out there.

1. How much would it cost to restore the delivery truck?
2. What hot rod shops in Minnesota would you refer?
3. Any other information you can tell us about this truck.

Check out our Go Fund Me at ***********************

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
'46 Chev. delivery truck

Hello & welcome ,
As a longtime(lifetime?)car nut, former career paint & body tech, & fellow Minnesotan, I would suggest that you pay a visit to MSRA | Minnesota Street Rod Association and check their site out. Any one there would probably be glad to help you out. The next thing I would suggest, would be to go out to the MN. State Fairgrounds on the weekend of June 17,18,19 this year, for the annual 'Back To The Fifties' event. There are literally HUNDREDS of vendors, suppliers, repair shops, rod & custom shops & people who are Very knowledgeable about cars, and most are very willing to talk, & answer questions about their vehicles & services. OH, and look around ....last year there were OVER 11,900 (yes..11,900) pre-1964 cars (and trucks )to check out. My suggestion, as a "veteran" of this event, get there EARLY, wear plenty of sunscreen, and a good comfortable pair of shoes, and prepare to be awed by some of the nicest machines from all over the U.S.A. & Canada. And then there is the swap meet on Sunday A.m. that takes up the entire old racetrack area.
It was once said, that if you didn't see it at Back To The Fifties, chances are it was never made. hope that you get a chance to go, IT'S AWESOME!!
Later, Rick

·
Collector of "someday" cars
8,434 Posts
That is a cool old truck. The cab seems to have survived well and may need minimal rust repair to be restored. The box appears to be useful as patterns only for a complete new one.
The chassis, running gear and interior will be the expensive part. Brake parts for these old trucks are hard to come by and expensive. The engine will need a complete rebuild and the trans and rear axle will need new seals and bearings at the LEAST. Tires are very difficult to find. Some Chinese repros are starting to appear.
There are 2 places in MPLS that can restore the original instruments on the dash. Aftermarket replacements will be less expensive, but not original.

If you plan to farm out the entire restoration, the cost will be high...I would budget 40k and plan on possibly more to do it right and complete.

If you are located in the southern part of the state, Minn Hot Rod Hardware may be a source of info for local restoration shops. Otherwise, F-1's suggestion of BTTF is very good.

Hot Rod Hardware - Parts for Hot Rods and Street Rods

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.