Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Old Wayne you may want to try posting in the wanted section of Canadian Rodder .com . There is still alot of old tin out west. Make sure you introduce yourself and list your location when you register though. Like Aaron said if you post some pics that could be a big help. Good Luck! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Old Wayne, hang in there as a friend of mine just found a scrap yard with a bunch of 40's trucks, he is going to look at next week and if of interest said he will then take me. (sounds like he wants first choice, to me)
I will call him Monday and have him look out for one.

We don't know if this is legit or not yet but will find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
It's not too bad Barry. He's out in Nova Scotia so its going to cost him no matter where it comes from. If the part is made in the US, no duty. Its probably cheaper to bring it in from the states then ship it across Canada.
Old Wayne; Is '42 to '48 Ford the same? I don't remember. We've got a '47 Mercury 3/4 to do one of these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
I did not know if they would let the hunk of metal come across the boarder.

Uncle????
Here is part of you classic truck inheritance and next year will send doors?
Might work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
46 pu

I have a 46 ford truck I've been trying to sell, just not that popular around here. A guy about 30 miles from me had been trying to sell a front end from a 45 (42-47 are the same), and finally put it up for free on craig's list, just so he wouldn't have to scrap it. Probably didn't have the grill. I was gonna pick it up but my truck was down at the time. That was a week ago. I hope you find what your looking for. Seems like someone always has what you need for next to nothing, until you add in the $500 shipping. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
46chevyfleetline said:
It's not too bad Barry. He's out in Nova Scotia so its going to cost him no matter where it comes from. If the part is made in the US, no duty. Its probably cheaper to bring it in from the states then ship it across Canada.
Old Wayne; Is '42 to '48 Ford the same? I don't remember. We've got a '47 Mercury 3/4 to do one of these days.

1942 TO 1947 FORDS ARE THE SAME.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1946 Ford Truck

46chevyfleetline said:
Old Wayne you may want to try posting in the wanted section of Canadian Rodder .com . There is still alot of old tin out west. Make sure you introduce yourself and list your location when you register though. Like Aaron said if you post some pics that could be a big help. Good Luck! :thumbup:
I will try . Thank you for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BarryK said:
Old Wayne, hang in there as a friend of mine just found a scrap yard with a bunch of 40's trucks, he is going to look at next week and if of interest said he will then take me. (sounds like he wants first choice, to me)
I will call him Monday and have him look out for one.

We don't know if this is legit or not yet but will find out.

Thank you, I,ll keep checking for your reply.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top