Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this but I am trying to get a project car going. I found a 1948 buick roadmaster on ebay, that already has custom work done to it. I really like the car but I have no idea on what is a good price or not. It's at about $10,000 right now. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Buick Roadmaster | eBay

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
First off, I would not buy a completed car. Personally, all the pleasure is in the building for me. Once the car is complete or near complete, I'm ready to sell it and buy another project.

Secondly, I would not buy a car that I could not personally inspect and drive. I have always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS been disappointed with other people's work.

Thirdly, I would not buy a competed custom car that has not been appraised by a professional appraiser.

I'm pretty sure that I have not helped you here, but at least you have my take on it, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm with tech on this one. IMHO, I wouldn't go much more than 10 grand as there are many areas of concern and I doubt it would bring that much if more at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum.

·
bentwings
2,608 Posts
If you have any intention of driving this extensively I surely get under it. These all had torque tube drive and many gut simply replace the entire chassis with something else. Make sure it is done right.

This is a custom and these are declining in value. I see them on the classic dealer sites a lot. They are usually far below a basically stock classic car price.

If it passes inspection and you really like it try to drive the price down more. A brief case full,of cash might work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts